Once you are reading about the sketchbook details, you should have completed the following:
- Instagram Research (Month 1)
- Created an Instagram Handle for this Class (Month 1)
This video talks about documenting your process, but not allowing social media to interfere with your creation!
A great Instagram post contains a few things to tell a captivating story:
- great photographs (angles & compositions)
- shows your personal inspiration (sometimes text/quotes)
- allows the viewer to learn about your interests, passions, & hobbies
- seamlessly links the above elements together in both a conceptual & visual format (colour scheme links, photograph lines that weave into the next post, etc)
- edits properly
- "savvy enough to mix a little bit of their look with some of their inspiration and some of their life"
Month 2, Month 3 & Month 4: By the fourth Tuesday of each month, you will post a new Instagram feed to your account with a specific theme.
Month 5: In the last month, you will choose from all the posts that you have created in the last three months and you will edit down to the best. Only keep the best photographs, the best compositions, and the posts that tell a captivating story of your semester. In month 5, you need to have your post ready by the THIRD Tuesday of the month.
*NOTE regarding topic ideas: You are not limited to this list, rather this list is a tool to get you thinking about what your topics could be. As you choose a topic, try to think about thing that are going to tell the best story about you!