1. a program, movie, or other visual media product featuring moving images, with or without audio, that is recorded and saved digitally or on videocassette: Let's stay at home and watch a video. She used her phone to record a video of her baby's first steps. I spent all morning watching videos of cats online.
2. Television. the elements of television, as in a program or script, pertaining to the transmission or reception of the image (distinguished from audio ). the video part of a television broadcast.
3. Informal. videotape.
4. Informal. television: She is a star of stage and video.
5. music video.
6. of or relating to the electronic apparatus for producing the television picture: video amplifier.
7. of or relating to television, especially the visual elements.
8. of or relating to videocassettes, VCRs, music videos, etc.: a video shop.
9. pertaining to or employed in the transmission or reception of television pictures.